Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Dandelion Clock II

This is a failed attempt to capture the dandelion seed dispersal. My wife helped me by holding the dandelion and blowing on it while I position my camera on the plant.

I actually wanted my image to look like this:


But it turned out like this instead.


I guess its either my skills just wasn't as good as I though it would be or I am just asking too much from my Canon G11. What do you people think? Do you think the G11 is fast enough to capture the image I have in mind? Let me know your thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. The canon G11 is fast enough bro. (I assume), If your G11 have the shutter speed of above 1/800sec then it is capable to catch the image that u imagine.

    Try capturing it from the same angle as the 1st pic u post. Get ur wife to hold it higher & u get down from it to get the angle.

    Try it during noon ( u may need a polarizer filter) to cut some light out. For shutter speed i would suggest anything above 1/250sec is ok. Aprature of F10 to F16 shuld give u a good DOF.

    It is just a suggestion, we here back home do not have this type of flower. ehehehehe.....

    If ur G11 do not have this setups. just try to get as close as where it could get. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks bro, I will keep you comment in mind.

    ReplyDelete